|This FAQ is valid for|
|easyDCP || ||till Version 3.8.9|| |
Unfortunately we cannot issue licenses that are expiring after a few days. To evaluate the software, free trial versions can be downloaded.
The restrictions of the demo versions are:
- easyDCP Creator Demo burns in a visible watermark into each frame.
- easyDCP Player Demo decreases decoding quality and mutes audio after a playback time of 15 seconds.
- easyDCP KDM Generator Demo generates KDMs with a maximum validity period of 48 hours, starting from the time when the KDM is generated.
Tip: You can also generate DCPs and pay on a project basis with easyDCP Publisher.
|This FAQ is valid for|
|easyDCP Plus ||Status: Permanent License ||from Version 3.6.0|| |
|IMF Studio||Status: Permanent License||from Version 4.0.X|| |
easyDCP 3.6.0 and above will be activated within the application/preferences.
For macOS users: minimum macOS 10.12 is required for easyDCP products.
Please watch our video tutorial or proceed as follows:
- Download and install the latest installer from your account at www.easyDCP.com license status.
- Select "Preferences (OSX)" or "Options (WINDOWS)" in the installed easyDCP application option "Activation Status" and select "Request License&Certificates"
- Fill out the form according to the instructions displayed and select "Send request". Your license-and-certificate-request will be processed after you log in and have select the license you intend to activate.
- Then you can download your "License & Certificate" Data Set from your license status and import it with the corresponding easyDCP option "Import License & Certificates"
Note: This way of activating your easyDCP Product is only available from easyDCP Version 3.6 or higher.
- If you use a easyDCP Creator(+) from 2.2.X, easyDCP Player(+) from 2.0.X and easyDCP KDM Generator(+) from 1.4.1X till easyDCP Version 3.5.8, you find help here.
- If you use an Version below easyDCP Creator(+) 2.2.X, easyDCP Player(+) 2.0.X and easyDCP KDM Generator(+) 1.4.1X, you find help here.
- If you use an easyDCP Resolve Plugin version, you find help here.
- If you use an easyDCP SAM Rio Plugin version, you find help here.
|This FAQ is valid for|
|easyDCP Player (+)||Bundle ||from Version 2.0.X||upto Version 3.8.X|
|easyDCP Creator (+)||Bundle||from Version 2.2.X||upto Version 3.8.X|
|easyDCP Resolve Plugin||Plugin||Version 1.1|
Customers who own an easyDCP standalone license for easyDCP Creator+ and easyDCP Player+ can receive one free-of-charge bonus license for easyDCP Resolve Plugin module at DaVinci Resolve.
The following requirements must be met:
- You must have a version from easyDCP Creator+ 2.2 and easyDCP Player+ 2.0 or higher licensed.
- The bonus license for the easyDCP Resolve can only be used on same hardware as the easyDCP standalone licenses are issued to.
How to get your easyDCP Resolve bonus license:
Note: To activate an easyDCP Resolve bonus license, you need a separate license key. Licenses of easyDCP standalone versions can NOT be used for activation the easyDCP Resolve Plugin.
- Follow the FAQ: How to activate my easyDCP Resolve ?
- If previous requirements meet prerequisites, the webshop will offer you to activate the bonus licenses
- If previous requirements don't meet prerequisites the webshop will inform you about and offer to buy it.
Note: In Resolve from version 15, please make sure that the easyDCP decoder is used and the setting "DaVinci Resolve > Preferences > Configuration > Use easyDCP decoder" is switched on:
|This FAQ is valid for|
|easyDCP Reolve Plugin || ||All Versions|| |
easyDCP Resolve Plugin is fully integrated in DaVinci Resolve. It runs in demo mode as long you haven't purchased a license and activate it.
You can activate it without further installation according following instructions.
Here is how you can activate your easyDCP Resolve Plugin:
- Open a private web account at www.easyDCP.com or use your already existing account.
- Open DaVinci Resolve and click "File". In the submenu you find the entry "easyDCP".
Then click "Request License & Certificate". Follow the dialogue and click "Save".
Please use a system that is connected to the Internet to make sure that the HTML Request you saved works.
Please do not use special characters for the password
- After opening the HTML Request file (double click this file) your browser will connect to our webshop www.easyDCP.com. Enter your login information and then the webshop will offer to buy the easyDCP Resolve plugin if you have not already bought it. The license will be activated automatically after receipt of payment. If you already have an easyDCP Resolve plugin, please select this and the activation will be processed immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to activate a easyDCP Resolve Bonus License and the prerequisites are met, the webshop would offer you to activate the related easysDCP Resolve module automatically.
- Download your "License & Certificate" data set from your license-status after it is just in time available. To finally activate your product use the "Import License & Certificate" function in your DaVinci Resolve and import your downloaded data set.
- Please use only US characters for the domain- and username in request form, e.g. no: é,*,# etc.
- The file extension for the request file must use the extension .html.
Note: In Resolve 15, please make sure that the easyDCP decoder is used and the setting "DaVinci Resolve > Preferences > Configuration > Use easyDCP decoder" is switched on:
Further Links for easyDCP Resolve:
Pricelist easyDCP Resolve Plugin
easyDCP plugin or easyDCP standalone. What is the better solution for me?
Special conditions for easyDCP full version customers
Download DaVinci Resolve inclusive easyDCP Resolve
Find more information in your DaVinci Resolve User manual
With easyDCP Creator 2.0 or newer, you can load a DCP using the "Open DCP" option in the "File" menu.
Once loaded into easyDCP Creator, you can add subtitles, add a new composition or modify an existing one, change the names, etc. Provided you have not changed the essence, but only metadata, you do not even have to re-generate the DCP, but instead just overwrite the existing XML-based metadata files by clicking "Save DCP".
Similarly, you can enhance the loaded DCP by generating a Supplemental DCP.
To do that, just right-click the loaded track files and mark them to be used as references.
Referenced track files will not be included in the new package. After importing new track files and assembling a new composition, generate a new DCP. Only the new track files will be included in the generated DCP and therefore it cannot be played by itself. However, when you ingest both the original and the supplemental DCP into a cinema server, the server will resolve the referenced track files of the Supplemental DCP (VF) against the original DCP (OV).
One easyDCP software license can be installed only on one computer system.
However, if you need to move the easyDCP license to another computer or operating system you can do this easily using Migration function in the web shop:
- Login in your account at www.easyDCP.com
- Select license status
- Select the product you need to migrate
- Select: "migrate license"
easyDCP Resolve Plug-In customers can get additional important informations for migration here.
After the migration is complete you can generate a new license for the new ware system. Please refer to the following FAQ on how to activate your product.
- There is a limit of one automatic migration in six months. If you require a second migration within the six months period, please inform us via email why it´s necassary.
- Since server certificates are tied to the system hash, they become inaccessible after a migration. New certificates will be automatically created, but all KDMs issued to the old cerificates will no longer be accessible. Please check our FAQ: Server- and Signer- Certificates.
Migration with older Versions: For version easyDCP Creator(+)2.1.X and older, easyDCP Player(+)1.9.X and older, and easyDCP KDM Generator(+)1.47 and older, be prepared to use the new hashcode of your target hardware/software.