|This FAQ is valid for
||from Version 2.0.X
||from Version 4.0.X
Installation and Activation of older easyDCP, easyDCP Plus and IMF Studio versions
Note: As part of the conversion to the new easyDCP Plus and IMF Studio packages or easyDCP Plus / IMF Studio 4.0 individual licenses we have removed the easyDCP 3.8.9 licenses used for the migration from the previous License Status and as a reference in a own view Show Previous Lizenses.
General information for using older program versions:
- Operating mode Online Activation:
Customers with subscription and permanent license can use older program versions ≥ 4.0 at any time in parallel to the current programs.
- Operating mode Offline Activation:
This is only available for customers with a permanent license. For technical reasons, the use of program versions ≤ 3.8.9 is only possible in offline mode. You will find further information below⬇︎
Installation and activation of previous easyDCP Plus / IMF Studio applications
- Log in to the webshop with your access data and choose the overview My Products > License Packages or Subscriptions.
- Select the current program (e.g.easyDCP Creator+) for which you want to install a previous version.
- Select Other Releases.
- Select the desired version and download the installer for your operating system.
- Activate the program as desired.
➡︎ Installation and Activation of previous easyDCP versions in offline mode
- Older versions for offline licenses can be activated on the same hardware, on which the current program is offline activated.
- Known limitations:
macOS: macOS: Only easyDCP 3.5.5 to easyDCP 3.8.9 can run from macOS 10.12 (Sierra). easyDCP Plus and IMF Studio reuquires macOS minimum 10.14.
Windows: Only easyDCP 3.4.10 or higher can run on Windows 10.
How to get access to the older versions:
- Log in to the webshop with your access data and choose the overview My easyDCP.
- In Single License select the current program (e.g.easyDCP Creator+) for which you want to install a previous version.
- Select Other Releases.
- Select the desired version and download it for your operating system.
- Perform the Offline Activation as usual.
If you need help with this, you can use the appropriate FAQs.
Information on licences and certificates
- Which versions require which licenses on the same hardware.
If the second digit of the version (e.g. 3.4.4) differs from the version currently installed (e.g. 3.5.5) you need a new license. If the 3rd digit (e.g. 3.4.4) matches, the same license can be used.
- Server Certificates:
All versions of easyDCP/easyDCP Plus can use the same server certificates, as long the hardware has not been reconfigured or a essential OS update system has taken place.
If you need a new license, the creation of the License & Certificate Request checks whether a server certificate already exists and if then applies it to the newly issued license.
- Signature Certificates:
In principle, new signature certificates are issued for each license activation.