|This FAQ is valid for
|easyDCP KDM Generator+
|Status: Permanent License
|up to Version 1.4.411
We recommend our easyDCP KDM Generator+ customers to set-up a second computer serving as backup machine for their (D)KDMs. If used properly, existing (D)KDMs can be recovered and ported to a fresh installation, in case the production machine is not working anymore. The set-up is simple and your existing (D)KDM workflow requires only small changes.
Please see Security backup for (D)KDMs for more details.
To create a complementory backup license please follow these steps:
- Download the easyDCP KDM Generator+ Installer for your target OS from your license status again and install it on your backup machnine.
- Request a license and certificate as usual and submit it to easyDCP.com. See also How do I activate my easyDCP Product?.
- The landing page will show your activated easyDCP KDM Generator+ license. You will have the option to create a complementary license by selecting "Complementary license".
- You will be redirected to the license status showing your new complementary license.
- Download the license and certificate data set and import it into your easyDCP KDM Generator+ Backup system.
NOTE: The complementary license is locked for migration. If you need to migrate your easyDCP KDM Generator+ Backup system please contact us at info@easyDCP.com.